Bronco Stampede of Service - 9/11 Day of Service & Remembrance
Fall 2023, Bronco Stampede of Service will be held on Monday, September 11th to coincide with the 22nd Anniversary of the 9/11 National Day of Service & Remembrance.
ORGANIZATION INFORMATION: L.A. Works, is a nonprofit that implements community service projects in the greater LA area, and draws more than 1,000 local volunteers. L.A. Works creates and leads programming to address critical issues and needs in Los Angeles by mobilizing targeted volunteer communities - family volunteers; corporate volunteers; general community volunteers; and older adult volunteers.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: September 11th is a National Day of Service and Remembrance as we honor those who lost their lives in the attack against our country in 2001 and pay tribute to the thousands of heroes who rose in service. Join L.A. Works at this Day of Service event as we support our local firefighters at the Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center
Together, we will join hundreds of volunteers at the Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center to support our Los Angeles emergency service heroes in creating 1,000 Disaster Readiness kits for our community.
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This event will have several projects, including creating Disaster Preparedness Kits, painting indoor rooms, assembling/refurbishing tables and planter boxes, weeding, planting, and more! Volunteers may be asked to stand to work, help lift, shovel, build, and use power tools. Gloves, paint supplies, and tools will be provided for specific projects (bring your gloves if preferred). All items for the disaster kits will be purchased in advance to ensure each kit is identical, so no donations are needed for this event.
- Time: 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Where: Frank Hotchkin Memorial Training Center (1700 Stadium Way, Los Angeles, CA 90012)
- Attire: Wear comfortable clothes and close-toed shoes that you can move in and don’t mind getting dirty/paint on them. We also suggest layering clothing for sun protection, a hat, and sunscreen.
- COVID PRECAUTIONS: The event will be both indoors and outdoors. While not required, we encourage wearing a mask to support our immunocompromised friends and family.
Bus Transportation will be provided! Once the form is completed, you will receive more information about pickup/dropoff time.
As Volunteer Support Staff, you'll receive:
- Breakfast for volunteers (morning snacks, coffee, water)
- Lunch for Volunteers (Lunch option TBD)
- A Day of Service t-shirt
- Thanks and appreciation from the event organizers and those who receive 1,000 Disaster Readiness kits for our community.
- All volunteers who complete their day of service will be eligible to receive up to two Dodgers tickets on 9/20!
QUESTIONS? Please email the Center for Community Engagement at email@example.com.
The event is made possible by funded/sponsored by the Center for Community Engagement.
CPP does not discriminate in the educational programs or activities it conducts on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, nationality, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, or special disabled veteran status, Vietnam-era veteran status or other covered veteran status.
The university encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the Disability Resource Center at 909-869-3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, but no later than 7 business days prior to the event.